Food Handlers and their employers have a legal duty to manage safety. These obligations are set out by a number of EU and UK Laws. These Laws state that food handlers must make sure that food which is prepared, cooked, served or sold, is safe for human consumption. Failing to follow these standards can cause food to become contaminated with potentially fatal consequences.
Training your employees with our online system will go a long way to give them greater awareness of the dangers that poor standards pose, as well as covering how these risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them.
The Level 1 Awards provide an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
- New employees with minimal or no prior knowledge;
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
Level 2 Awards are suited for anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Typical environments may include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants;
- Supermarkets and retail environments;
- Food and drink manufacturers;
- Care homes;